We get asked a lot how to make an author website. This tutorial will have several steps to show the process from start to finish to make an author website. As I have a published book, and more coming, this seemed the perfect time to tackle this topic. We’ll publish these as we go, eventually completing the author site and this tutorial.
Here’s a list of what we’ll be covering and the steps you’ll need to take as well.
- SSL for Security
- Installing WordPress
- WordPress Settings
- Making WordPress Menus
- Theming your Author Site
- Adding Content
- Getting Followers
- Final Tips
What you’ll need:
- Purchase domain.
- Purchase hosting.
- Purchase SSL certificate or get free one from Let’s Encrypt.
- WordPress downloaded (BryZar Web Services WordPress hosting has a quick install).
- FTP program and knowledge (not needed with BryZar Web Services due to the quick install).
- Content – you’ll make this as you go but it’s good to have some starting articles.
- Friends, family, colleagues, fans – to get subscribers to your new blog.
- Patience – it won’t all happen in just one day. It takes time and patience to make your website and grow it.
Feel free to print out the above and any of the tutorials. You can use them as a checklist. Now, let’s get started!